Click Add to Cart to Purchase CD
- Three Highly Detailed models of the B-17G, including armed and an unarmed variant.
- A true FSX aircraft with bump maps, specular maps, and self-shadows
- Beautifully rendered virtual cockpits created in the most
stunning detail, with virtually everything animated and labeled.
- Custom Gauges with Night-Lighting effects.
- Working and moveable gun turrets with firing machine guns, dropping bombs, custom contrails, and more.
- Several LODS with fewer polygons for slower computers and
Owned and Operated by Jesse Lambert
© 2009 SkyUnlimited Productions
"Where Limitless Horizons Await"
A Development Company for Microsoft Flight Simulators
B-17G Flying Fortress
By FS-Cast for FSX / Service Pack 2 / Acceleration Expansion
Produced in massive numbers, the B-17 Flying Fortress dropped an amazing amount of bomb tonnage over enemy territory. Operations primarily took place during the daylight, at which time these aircraft were most vulnerable to enemy attacks. The relative vulnerability of the B-17 was alleviated by several defensive machine gun stations and its outstanding ability to sustain heavy damage, thus bringing many crews back for a safe landing. It was also a forgiving aircraft, thus novel pilots who were trained by large numbers were soon able to take their positions as Flying Fortress commanders. In addition, the highly secretive Norden bombsight that equipped these aircraft allowed for great precision at high altitude. These features and the awesome range of this aircraft made it one of the most definitive bombers of WWII, lagging only slightly behind its brother the B-29 Superfortress.
Francisco Sanchez-Castañer of the newly formed development team of FS-Cast has captured the B-17G Flying Fortress in all its glory. This package is loaded with all of the bells and whistles one would expect from a dedicated FSX aircraft. These features include bump maps, specular maps, self-shadows, working gun turrets, dropping bombs, and more. This is a true FSX aircraft, not a port-over from FS2004, and is designed for use with Flight Simulator X Service Pack 2 and the Acceleration Expansion.
The cockpits are fully detailed and animated with Mouse-over labels custom gauges and gauge back-lighting effects.
Nose and Tail Gunner Views
Working Turrets, Guns, and Ordnance
- Complete with a detailed Manual and in-flight checklists and references.
- Custom High Altitude Vapor-trail effects and wing-tip vortices
- Highly accurate flight dynamics that make this aircraft both a challenge and joy to fly.
- All appropriate FSX features.
- Photoshop Template for Repainting Coming Soon
Purchase for only $27.95 after Download
With your purchase and feedback we will be able to create higher quality
products better suited to the community's wants and expectations.
Purchase after download for only $27.95
Screen Shots Provided by