Click Add to Cart to Purchase CD
||David C. Copley
||Rob Barendregt, Douglas Dawson
||Stan Wood (P-38 Pilot and Beta Tester)
|| 131 mb
|| 320 mb
- True FSX models with self-shadows, bump maps, and .dds textures.
- New Enhanced Cockpits with Smooth 3D Gauges.
- Four Highly Detailed versions of the P-38. Included are the P-38J, P-38K, P-38L, and F-5E.
- Beautifully rendered virtual cockpits, created in the most
stunning detail, with virtually everything animated and labeled.
- Sixteen highly detailed and historically accurate paint
schemes. Enhanced from the original FS2004 version.
- Include our new conditional
appearance parts, and droppable fuel tanks.
- Highly detailed 2D panels with new pop-up windows and features
- Open the cowling or gunbay access and marvel at the detailed
and intricate parts that make up these aircraft.
- Fully animated and enhanced vintage pilot with moving
legs, arms, and head
Owned and Operated by Jesse Lambert
© 2009 SkyUnlimited Productions
"Where Limitless Horizons Await"
A Development Company for Microsoft Flight Simulators
Legacy of the Sky: P-38 Lightnings X
By SkyUnlimited for Flight Simulator X (SP2 or Acceleration)
The P-38 Lightning is undoubtedly one of the most remarkable
aircraft every devised. It is credited with a countless string of achievements
and innovations that have defined its legacy for generations. The revolutionary
characteristics insured the production of nearly 10,000 of these great fighters.
The legacy of this aircraft is most certainly baked with a history of achievement.
Not only was this plane the first USAAF aircraft to break 400mph, but also
it was the first twin-engine USAAF interceptor. It was one of the first aircraft
to use tri-cycle landing gear, and the centrally housed armament allowed for
an extremely concentrated field of fire.
The Germans christened the Lightning "Der Gabelschwanz Teufel" (The Devil
with the Cleft Tail), a name that implies the legacy status of this aircraft.
SkyUnlimited has gone to great lengths to recreate this marvelous aircraft
virtually for your enjoyment. We have done our best to provide one of the
most realistic flying experiences, and retain the legend that has defined
this aircraft. As with our previous products we are dedicated in providing
the highest quality flight experience for this aircraft through future upgrades
and enhancements if needed.
The cockpits are fully detailed and animated. Mouse-over labels are available for all of the control parts and many of the static parts. Animations range from emergency exit release through the disappearing yoke so that you can see the panel better. Both windows roll down. All switch's, levers, and adjustments are animated and labled.
- Feel the rumble of the engine with this completely accurate
sound set created by the acclaimed David C. Copley.
- Machine Gun Effects triggered by After-Burner Command
- Custom High Altitude Vapor-trail effects and wing-tip vortices
- "By the Book" flight dynamics created by Jerry
Beckwith that make this aircraft both a challenge and joy to fly. The P-38's have some of the most accurate flight dynamics we have ever created.
- Complete with an actual Pilots Manual and several pages
of Historical Information included.
- All appropriate FSX features and standard SkyUnlimited
features plus more.
- Photoshop Templates for Repainting
Purchase for only $20.95 after Download
With your purchase and feedback we will be able to create higher quality
products better suited to the community's wants and expectations.
With the release of the P-38 Lightnings X SkyUnlimited can now offer its acclaimed P-38's in true native FSX fashion. These true FSX aircraft feature new custom smooth 3D gauges, enhanced interior and exterior textures, all of the features of the FS2004 versions, and native FSX features like self-shadows, bump maps, and DDS textures.
For more information on the most recent Update Click Here
This Product works best with both Flight Simulator X Service Packs or the Acceleration Expansion have been installed. If you do not have the Acceleration Expansion you can download Service Pack 1 and 2 from the following website. http://www.fsinsider.com/downloads/Pages/default.aspx
Screen Shots Provided by
Purchase after download for only $20.95